March 26, 2018
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Enters Into Comprehensive Regional Revitalization Partnership with Kyoto Prefecture
- Signed on March 23, 2018, the agreement will support Kyoto Prefecture in efforts to extend healthy life expectancy.
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical will maximize its expertise in nutritional education, prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses, sports promotions, heat stroke countermeasures, women's health, and disaster mitigation to contribute to extension of healthy life expectancy and revitalization of local communities.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Tokyo, Japan; President: Tatsuo Higuchi) has entered into a comprehensive partnership agreement with Kyoto Prefecture, finalized on March 23, aiming to contribute to the revitalization of local communities and improvement of services for prefectural residents through close mutual cooperation.
The new comprehensive partnership aims to reinforce this cooperative relationship. Otsuka will maximize its expertise in nutritional education, prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses, sports promotions, heat stroke countermeasures, women's health, disaster mitigation and other areas, providing health-related information and products based on scientific evidence to contribute to improvement of services, revitalization of local communities, and extension of healthy life expectancy for Kyoto Prefecture residents.
Under the terms of the agreement, Otsuka Pharmaceutical will coordinate and cooperate with Kyoto Prefecture in areas outlined below.
- 1Support for children and countermeasures for declining birthrate
- 2Sports promotions
- 3Health promotion initiatives
- 4Provision of relief supplies in the event of a disaster
- 5Initiatives to promote nutritional education and increase consumption of Kyoto Prefecture agricultural, forestry and fishery products
- 6Other activities related to revitalization of local communities and improvement of services for Kyoto Prefecture residents as agreed upon by both parties
Based on our corporate philosophy of 'Otsuka - people creating new products for better health worldwide', Otsuka Pharmaceutical is dedicated to the development of innovative products that contribute to the health of people around the world.
- 2Health promotion: The process of enabling people to increase control over, and to improve, their health. (WHO Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion, 1986); the basis of the Health Japan 21 ten-year plan.
- 3Healthy life expectancy (HALE): Length of life that an individual lives without limitation in daily activities due to health problems (Japan Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)
- 4Kyoto Healthy Life Expectancy • Disease Prevention Center(in Japanese):
- 5Kyoto Healthy Life Expectancy Promotion Prefectural Assembly(in Japanese):
Otsuka has concluded cooperative agreements with 44 prefectural and metropolitan governments throughout Japan (Hokkaido Prefecture, Aomori Prefecture, Iwate Prefecture, Miyagi Prefecture, Akita Prefecture, Yamagata Prefecture, Fukushima Prefecture, Ibaraki Prefecture, Tochigi Prefecture, Gunma Prefecture, Saitama Prefecture, Chiba Prefecture, Metropolis of Tokyo, Kanagawa Prefecture, Toyama Prefecture, Ishikawa Prefecture, Fukui Prefecture, Yamanashi Prefecture, Gifu Prefecture, Shizuoka Prefecture, Aichi Prefecture, Mie Prefecture, Shiga Prefecture, Kyoto Prefecture, Osaka Prefecture, Hyogo Prefecture, Nara Prefecture, Wakayama Prefecture, Shimane Prefecture, Okayama Prefecture, Hiroshima Prefecture, Yamaguchi Prefecture, Tokushima Prefecture, Kagawa Prefecture, Ehime Prefecture, Kochi Prefecture, Fukuoka Prefecture, Saga Prefecture, Nagasaki Prefecture, Kumamoto Prefecture, Oita Prefecture, Miyazaki Prefecture, Kagoshima Prefecture and Okinawa Prefecture.)
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.