- 1. Scope of this policy.
- 2. Purpose of our website.
Our website is managed and operated by Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. in Japan. Our website is intended to provide information about Otsuka and its products, and about health and illness, to residents of Japan. Your use of our website is governed by the laws of Japan.
- 3. How we collect personal information.
To access our website, you do not need to provide information that can be used to identify you individually (“personal information”), such as your name, address, phone number, date of birth or e-mail address, but you may be asked to provide personal information if you wish to use certain website functions and features. In those cases, we will inform you of the purpose of the collection and use of the personal information that you provide, and if we wish to use the personal information for any other purpose, we will ask you for your permission beforehand. In any case, your provision of personal information is voluntary. You are free to provide it or not.
- 4. Parties to whom we disclose personal information.
- In certain cases, we may disclose your personal information to a third-party, such as a contractor or subsidiary, but if we do, we will do so only to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose for which you disclosed the personal information to us.
Also, we may disclose your personal information if:
- (a) we are legally entitled or required to do so (for example, if we are required to do so by legal process or applicable law, or to prevent fraud or other crime); or
- (b) we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect and defend our rights, or property, including our website, our employees, customers, or the public.
- 5. Passive information.
We may collect information that you provide passively when you visit our website, such as the date and time you access the website, the URL of the website that you visited just before you came to our website, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and the browser version that your computer uses (“passive information”).We collect passive information to improve our website so that it is more user-friendly
- 6. How we collect passive information.
We use Google Analytics and other Google services that place cookies on a browser across the website. These cookies are set and read by Google. We use data from Google Analytics Demographics, Interest Reporting and 3rd party audience data to help us understand how people find and use our site. To opt out of Google tracking, please visit the google website.
If you do not wish to accept cookies, you must change your browser settings.
- 7. How we use passive information.
We may collect passive information to analyze your access to our website, to improve the operability of our website, or to identify the cause of problems on our website. Passive information may be statistically analyzed and compiled, but no personal information will be used or included in that process.
- 8. Policy changes.
We may change this policy in the future, but if we make any substantial changes to this policy or the way in which we use personal information, we will notify you of the changes by updating this policy on our website. Please check this policy on a regular basis.
This policy is effective as of January 22, 2014.