February 26, 2009
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Third product in fruit soy bar SOYJOY 'Plus' series
SOYJOY Banana Calcium Plus Debuts April 1, 2009
Tokyo, Japan, February 26, 2009 - Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan; President: Taro Iwamoto) today announced the April 1 launch of SOYJOY Banana Calcium Plus, the third addition to the 'Plus' series of the popular SOYJOY fruit soy bar line.
SOYJOY Banana Calcium Plus is a nutrition product offering a convenient, delicious way to enjoy the benefits of soy, the same as other products in the SOYJOY line. In addition, it is fortified with calcium, a nutrient that is often lacking* in regular diets. Made of soy dough, SOYJOY Banana Calcium Plus is flavored with fragrant ripe bananas.
SOYJOY Banana Calcium Plus is a food with nutrient function claims**, containing 210mg of calcium, a nutrient necessary for the development of bones and teeth, and this nutrient information is prominently displayed on the packaging. The new product also contains vitamin D, which aids in the absorption of calcium. SOYJOY Banana Calcium Plus provides those who are concerned about getting enough calcium with a convenient way to enjoy the nutritional benefits of whole soy and supplement consumption of calcium at the same time.
- *2005 Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare survey on nutritional intake of Japanese
- **Food with nutrient function claims: At present, 17 nutritional ingredients are recognized for nutrient function claims. Foods containing a given amount of government-specified nutrients are permitted to label its nutrient function
Containing no wheat flour, SOYJOY is a new type of nutrition product baked from dough made of powdered whole soybeans (hulled soybeans) and generous amounts of real fruit. Launched in April 2006, SOYJOY is currently sold in eight countries and regions. Providing a convenient, portable way to take advantage of the nutritional benefits of soy, SOYJOY has earned a popular following among a wide segment of the population and health-conscious individuals in particular. With the addition of SOYJOY Banana Calcium Plus, the SOYJOY range now consists of ten items, offering a variety of delicious ways for people to incorporate the benefits of soy in daily life.
Based on its corporate philosophy of 'Otsuka - people creating new products for better health worldwide', Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. is dedicated to contributing to the health of people around the world.
- Contains 210mg of calcium, a mineral often lacking in regular diets.
- Food with nutrient function claim, as specified by the Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare of Japan*.
Nutrient function claim of calcium: Calcium is a nutrient which is essential in the development of bones and teeth.
- *Has not been subjected to individual screening by the Minister of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan.
- Baked from soybean dough mixed with fragrant, ripe banana
- Contains vitamin D to promote absorption of calcium
|Product name||SOYJOY Banana Calcium Plus|
|Ingredients||Soybean flour (not genetically modified), raisins, bananas, butter, sugar, eggs, pineapple, indigestible dextrin, coconut, almonds, orange peel (orange peel, fructose, concentrated orange juice), starch, salt, cheese, calcium citrate, aromatics, vitamin D|
|Suggested retail price||¥115 (¥121 tax inclusive)|
|Storage||Store in cool place; avoid high temperatures|
Nutritional Information (per single 30g bar)
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.