April 1, 2013
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Like Having Everything At Your Fingertips? Then Check This Out!
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Announces A Revamped Website
April 1, 2013
- Exploring the website, you will discover how global we are -- Otsuka products are available in more than 80 countries worldwide and of our nearly 27,200 employees, about 20,000 (approximately 70%) are based outside of Japan*1.
- We collaborated with an Amsterdam-based creative agency to create a website that conveys how Otsuka Pharmaceutical is "taking untraveled paths" on innovation around the world.
- Our new website provides comprehensive health information in the Wellness & Illness section, while profiling Otsuka's pharmaceuticals and nutraceuticals*2.
- Other new website content includes Employees' Voices, video interviews with Otsuka employees around the world and WHATS & WHOS, a look at company-related news and happenings in Japan and overseas.
Tokyo, Japan, April 1, 2013 - Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. today announced the launch of a new corporate website. Reflecting our emphasis on creativity, the new website adopts an innovative, personal design to encourage people the world over to recognize Otsuka's unique culture, dedicated to "taking untraveled paths" on innovation. New content on the site includes Employees' Voices, video interviews with Otsuka employees in Japan and overseas, and WHATS & WHOS, an English-language newsletter focusing on unique global initiatives pioneered by Otsuka. The website also incorporates comprehensive health information related to specific Otsuka business areas including tuberculosis, dry-eye, and metabolic syndrome. The new Otsuka Pharmaceutical website, like the company overall, aims to contribute to the well-being of people everywhere.
The new website design was conceived in collaboration with Selmore, an independent creative agency headquartered in Amsterdam. Poppe van Pelt, one of the Selmore founders, visited Otsuka Pharmaceutical's birthplace in Tokushima to learn about the Otsuka corporate philosophy and unique business model. His impressions are summed up in his comment, "It was such an honor to work for an audacious company like Otsuka, and I am sure that the renewed website will help the company take another huge step forward."
The Otsuka Pharmaceutical culture encourages each and every employee to embody a spirit of innovation, as emphasized in our chairman Akihiko Otsuka's words "People make the company run, people do the thinking." To communicate this stance to our customers throughout the world, the new website is designed to convey an intimate, personal experience. The Japanese-language website is scheduled for launch on April 1, 2013 and the English-language site will go live in the summer of 2013.
- *1：Product presence by country and employee count current as of March 31, 2012
- *2：Nutraceuticals: nutrition + pharmaceuticals
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.