September 18, 2013
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Two New Flavors of SoyCarat
Nori & Natto and Olive Oil & Garlic Flavors Debut October 2
- Two new flavors, Japanese-style nori & natto and Western-style olive oil & garlic, join the original cheese flavor, expanding the selection of healthy soy snack SoyCarat flavors to three. Conceived to appeal to a broad range of consumers, including those in their 40s and younger whose consumption of soy tends to be below average*1, each 27-gram package of SoyCarat contains approximately 120kcal.
- Made from the equivalent of approximately 50 whole soybeans*2, a package of SoyCarat offers a simple way to enjoy the nutritional benefits of soy, for which consumption is on a downward trend*1.
- Based on the conviction that soy offers a solution for a variety of world health and environmental problems, Otsuka Pharmaceutical currently markets three product lines in 17 variations under the Soylution (Soy + solution) concept.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan; President: Taro Iwamoto) has announced two new versions of SoyCarat, the healthy snack food made with whole soy. SoyCarat Nori & Natto and SoyCarat Olive Oil & Garlic will be launched in Japan on Wednesday, October 2, 2013.
- *1 Source ：National Health and Nutrition Survey 2011, Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare According to Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare "Healthy Japan 21" national health promotion movement, recommended dietary allowance of soy is 100g/day; persons in their 40s and younger tend to consume less than the overall Japanese average of 51.7g/day (as of 2011).
- *2 Excluding the thin outer peel.
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.