April 9, 2014
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
New SOYJOY Almond & Chocolate
Combines Crunchy Almonds, Subtly Sweet Chocolate and the Goodness of Soy
The Perfect Snack for Busy Business People
- Chocolate accounts for approximately 50%*1 of the snacks consumed by busy business people in the office. Created with this fact in mind, new SOYJOY Almond & Chocolate combines crunchy almonds, subtly sweet chocolate and the goodness of soy in a convenient snack bar, to be launched nationwide on April 21, 2014.
- The sales of SOYJOY, the one-handed snack bar that makes it possible to consume all the nutritious goodness of soy*2 without stopping work have increased 27.7%*3 compared to the previous fiscal period. Launched in 2013, the SOYJOY Peanuts item has been well received among a wide consumer segment, particularly busy business people. The new Almond & Chocolate item not only gives busy business people a healthy snack option, it also fulfills the desire for something sweet to ward off fatigue.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Head office: Tokyo Japan; President and Representative Director: Taro Iwamoto) has announced April 21, 2014 introduction of SOYJOY Almond & Chocolate, a new addition to the SOYJOY line of convenient snack bars offering delicious ways to enjoy the nutritious goodness of soy. Flavored with crunchy roast almonds and subtly sweet chocolate, the new SOYJOY Almond & Chocolate will debut in stores throughout Japan.
- *1 2013 internet survey (N = 4,000)
- *2 Excluding the thin peel.
- *3 April-December 2013 unit sales in Japan
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.