October 27, 2014
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
New product for Japanese women
Nature Made Fish Oil Pearl
Small Pearl-shaped Capsules Concentrated With Essential Nutritional Balance of Fish Oil
- Nature Made, the America's leading supplement brand*1, is launching a new product for the Japanese market. Nature Made Fish Oil Pearl scheduled for release on November 4, 2014 are a source of fish oil, which contains significant quantities of health-promoting ingredients EPA*2 and DHA*3. Nature Made Fish Oil Pearl concentrates the essential nutritional balance of fish oil into small pearl-shaped capsules.
- In US, where many people eat meat, there has been a strong focus on the healthy effects of omega-3 fatty acids such as EPA and DHA acids. It is due to the governmental policy to prevent people from getting cardiovascular diseases and food labeling requirements for health foods. The US Fish Oil market has grown ten-fold over ten years*4. In Japan, although fish consumption has declined, the EPA/DHA market has grown and doubled*5 over the past five years.
- Japanese women tend to intake less EPA/DHA than men*6. The new small pearl format and packaging have been developed for Japanese women to support easy consumption of the essential goodness of fish oil, important for a healthy life.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Head office: Tokyo; President: Taro Iwamoto) has announced the nationwide release on November 4, 2014 of new Nature Made Fish Oil Pearl. Nature Made, America's leading brand of supplements *1, has concentrated healthy ingredients EPA and DHA into a small pearl format containing the essential nutritional balance of fish oil.
- *1Pharmavite calculation based in part on data reported by Nielsen through its Scantrack® service for the Total Vitamins category in dollar and unit sales, for the 52‐week period ending 12/29/2007 and 12/28/2008 in US Food Drug Mass channels; and for the 52‐week period ending
12/26/2009, 12/25/2010, 12/24/2011 and 12/22/2012 in US xAOC channels. ©2013 The Nielsen Company
Nature Made whose Fish Oil supplement has been ranked number one in the US market.
AC Nielsen 52 Week data x AOC 10/11/14
- *2 EPA：eicosapentaenoic acid
- *3 DHA：docosahexaenoic acid
- *4 Nutrition Business Journal "NBJ's Supplement Business Report 2014"
- *5 Intage SRI EPA・DHAmarket in the healthy food April,2008～March, 2014 based on sales
- *6 Health and Nutrition Survey (2005-2006), Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.