Otsuka Pharmaceutical is engaged in various partnerships with local governments and other entities to promote healthy lifestyles as befitting a health care company. Affected by warm air systems formed over the Pacific Ocean, Saitama Prefecture is subject to high summer temperatures, and in 2014 the prefecture accounted for Japan's second-highest number of heat disorders patients transported by ambulance. Beginning in 2013, Otsuka Pharmaceutical partnered with Gyoda City in Saitama Prefecture, participating in health-related educational activities including provision of information on the importance of rehydration for prevention of heat disorders and promotion of communication among local residents. These activities resulted in a notable decline in the number of elderly heat disorders patients transported by ambulance during the summer of 2014, paving the way for the Health Promotion Partnership Agreement concluded on a prefectural level with the aim of promoting the health and wellbeing of residents of Saitama Prefecture as a whole.
June 24, 2015
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Enters Into Health Promotion Partnership Agreement with Saitama Prefecture
- Subject to high summer temperatures, Saitama Prefecture accounted for Japan's second-highest number of heat disorders patients transported by ambulance during the summer of 2014. On June 24, 2015, Otsuka Pharmaceutical entered into a Health Promotion Partnership Agreement with Saitama Prefecture with the aim of promoting health and wellbeing among the growing number of senior prefectural citizens.
- Under the terms of the agreement, Otsuka Pharmaceutical will work together with the Saitama Prefectural Government to provide information based on scientific principles related to prevention of heat disorders, healthy longevity, and promotion of healthful eating habits, including organization of educational programs, dispatch of lecturers, and cooperation in personnel training programs.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Tokyo, Japan: President Tatsuo Higuchi) has entered into a partnership with the government of Saitama Prefecture with the aim of promoting health and wellbeing among prefectural citizens. The Health Promotion Partnership Agreement was signed on June 24, 2015 at the Saitama Prefecture Government Offices.
Signing of agreement at Saitama Prefectural Government Offices
Primary initiatives undertaken in partnership with Saitama Prefecture
- 1Prevention of heat disorders
- 2Projects to promote healthy longevity
- 3Promotion of healthful eating habits
Otsuka Pharmaceutical is engaged in various initiatives in partnership with local governments and will continue to partner with local governments and other entities to promote the health and wellbeing of people throughout Japan.
Information is current as of June 24, 2015; list represents an excerpt of main agreements and initiatives undertaken with local governments.
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.