January 13, 2016
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Enters Into Comprehensive Health Promotion Partnership with Iwate Prefecture
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical has entered into a Comprehensive Health Promotion Partnership with Iwate Prefecture as part of the Healthy Iwate 21 Plan to promote healthy longevity and improve the quality of life for prefectural citizens.
- Otsuka will maximize its expertise in areas such as heat stroke countermeasures, prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses, sports promotion, nutritional education and women's health, cooperating with the Iwate prefectural government to promote health and wellbeing and achieve healthy lifestyles for local citizens.
Tokyo, Japan - Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Tokyo, Japan; President: Tatsuo Higuchi) has announced a comprehensive partnership with Iwate Prefecture, aimed at promoting healthy lifestyles for prefectural citizens. The Comprehensive Health Promotion Partnership was finalized on January 12, 2016.
As befitting a health care company, Otsuka Pharmaceutical is involved in various activities with local governments and other entities to promote healthy lifestyles. The Comprehensive Health Promotion Partnership concluded with Iwate Prefecture aims to maximize Otsuka expertise in heat stroke countermeasures, prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses, sports promotion, nutritional education, women's health and other areas in cooperation with the prefectural government, with the goal of achieving healthy lifestyles for prefectural citizens.
With the finalization of this partnership, Otsuka is involved in cooperative agreements with six prefectures nationwide; the partnership with Iwate Prefecture is the first in the Tohoku region.
The agreement covers a broad range of mutual initiatives that maximize the resources and capabilities of Otsuka Pharmaceutical and Iwate Prefecture, including but not limited to activities outlined below.
- 1Initiatives to promote heatstroke countermeasures
- 2Initiatives to promote healthy longevity and achieve the goals of the Healthy Iwate 21 Plan, conceived to end Iwate Prefecture's top ranking for deaths from cerebral hemorrhage.
- 3Initiatives to promote health through diet and nutrition
- 4Disaster-related initiatives (provision of foods and beverages for disaster relief)
Based on our corporate philosophy of 'Otsuka - people creating new products for better health worldwide', Otsuka Pharmaceutical is dedicated to the development of innovative products that contribute to the health of people around the world.
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.