February 19, 2016
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Enters Into Comprehensive Health Promotion Partnership with Tokushima Prefecture
- On February 18, 2016, Otsuka Pharmaceutical has entered into a Comprehensive Health Promotion Partnership Agreement with Tokushima Prefecture with the aim of promoting health and wellbeing for prefectural citizens.
- Tokushima Prefecture has announced a "Tokushima Total Health Program," focusing on the serious health issue of lifestyle-related illnesses. As an extension of this program, Otsuka will cooperate to contribute to the health and wellbeing of prefectural citizens, maximizing its expertise in areas such as heat stroke countermeasures, prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses, promotion of health through sports activities, nutritional education and disaster measures.
Tokyo, Japan - Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Tokyo, Japan; President: Tatsuo Higuchi) has announced a comprehensive partnership with Tokushima Prefecture, aimed at promoting healthy lifestyles for prefectural citizens. The Comprehensive Health Promotion Partnership was finalized on February 18, 2016.
Focusing on the serious health issue of lifestyle-related illnesses, Tokushima Prefecture has announced programs aiming to realize a healthy, long-lived society, such as the Tokushima Total Health Program and the Tokushima Health and Happiness Innovation Promotion.
As befitting a healthcare company, Otsuka Pharmaceutical is engaged in various health-related partnerships with local governments and other entities and has consistently implemented a variety of activities and cooperative endeavors to promote the health and wellbeing of citizens of its home prefecture of Tokushima. These endeavors will be intensified following the February 18 conclusion of the Health Promotion Partnership Agreement.
Otsuka will work together with Tokushima Prefecture to contribute to the healthy longevity of prefectural citizens, maximizing its expertise in areas such as heat stroke countermeasures, prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses, promotion of health through sports activities, nutritional education and disaster measures.
The agreement covers a broad range of mutual initiatives that maximize the resources and capabilities of Otsuka Pharmaceutical and Iwate Prefecture, including but not limited to activities outlined below.
- 1Initiatives to promote heatstroke countermeasures
- 2Initiatives for treatment and prevention of diabetes
- 3Initiatives to promote health through diet and nutrition
- 4Other initiatives to promote health and wellbeing of prefectural citizens.
Based on our corporate philosophy of 'Otsuka - people creating new products for better health worldwide', Otsuka Pharmaceutical is dedicated to the development of innovative products that contribute to the health of people around the world.
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.