- Simple flavor characterized by aromatic sweetness that's never cloying, highlighting the crispy crunchiness of puffed soy.
March 15, 2016
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
New casual soy bar with the pleasant crunchy texture of puffed soy "SOYJOY Crispy" Debuts in Three Flavors
- April 4 marks the debut of SOYJOY Crispy, the newest addition to the SOYJOY line of whole soy*1nutrition bars. Characterized by the light and crunchy texture of puffed soy, SOYJOY Crispy will initially available in three flavors.
- Developed as a crispy type, SOYJOY Crispy achieves a totally new texture and flavor. Offering a new way to consume soy as a light breakfast on busy mornings, SOYJOY Crispy seeks to appeal to health-conscious working women.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical (Head office: Tokyo, Japan; President: Tatsuo Higuchi) has announced the April 4, 2016 nationwide debut of SOYJOY Crispy, the newest addition to the SOYJOY line of whole soy nutrition bars. Characterized by the pleasant light and crunchy texture of puffed soy, SOYJOY Crispy will initially be available in three flavors (Plain, Mixed Berry, Golden Berry).
Based on the idea of incorporating puffed soy, SOYJOY Crispy is a light and crunchy casual soy bar with a unique texture and flavor.
Offering a new way to consume soy as a light breakfast on busy mornings, SOYJOY Crispy seeks to make health-conscious working women aware of the intrinsic appeal of the SOYJOY brand.
- Mixed Berry
- Studded with cranberries, raspberries and strawberries for a fruity sweet and tart flavor.
- Golden Berry
- Generous amounts of golden berry, recently the focus of attention as a "super-food," create a fresh, tangy flavor.
Soylution: Developing new ways to consume soy for markets around the world
Believing that soybeans offer solutions to global health and environmental problems, Otsuka Pharmaceutical is focusing on developing and offering new ways to casually and deliciously take advantage of the nutritional value of whole soybeans, based on the "Soylution" theme. The introduction of SOYJOY baked soy bars in 2006 was followed by the launch of carbonated soy beverage SOYSH in 2011 and SoyCarat healthy soybean snack in 2013. With the addition of Peanut (2013), Almond & Chocolate (2014) and two renewed versions with an increased ratio of fruit (2015), the SOYJOY line now consists of 12 items available in Japan. Positioned as an Otsuka Pharmaceutical global brand, SOYJOY is currently sold in 11 countries and regions around the world.
In addition to offering a convenient way to enjoy all the nutritional benefits of soy, SOYJOY is a low GI food*2producing a gradual rise in blood sugar, said to offer benefits for weight control. Containing generous amounts of fruits and/or nuts, SOYJOY is a satisfying snack option that can be easily consumed during the course of a working day, making it a popular choice among busy business people.
Based on our corporate philosophy of 'Otsuka - people creating new products for better health worldwide', Otsuka Pharmaceutical is dedicated to the development of innovative products that contribute to the health of people around the world.
- 1Excluding the thin peel. SOYJOY is made from whole soybeans, offering an efficient way to consume all the nutritional benefits of soy, including vegetable protein, soy isoflavones, and dietary fiber.
- 2"GI" stands for "glycemic index." A measurement of how carbohydrates in foods affect blood sugar levels, a low GI indicates gradual absorption of carbohydrates, which is said to offer benefits for weight control. Foods with a glycemic index of 55 or less are considered "low GI," and all SOYJOY and SoyCarat products are recognized as low GI (as analyzed by The University of Sydney).
SOYJOY Crispy (per bar) Suggested retail price ¥115 (pre-tax)
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.