May 24, 2016
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Enters into Health Promotion Partnership with Nagasaki Prefecture
- The Health Promotion Partnership signed on May 23, 2016 aims to support goals for healthy life expectancy*1 and enhanced quality of life as specified in the Healthy Nagasaki 21(Term 2)*2 health promotion plan.
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical will utilize its expertise in areas such as nutritional education, prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses, heat stroke countermeasures, sports promotion, and disaster countermeasures, working together with Nagasaki Prefecture to develop programs to contribute to the health and welfare of Nagasaki Prefecture residents.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical (Head Office: Tokyo, Japan; President: Tatsuo Higuchi) has entered into a comprehensive health promotion agreement with Nagasaki Prefecture, aiming to support the goals and objectives of the Healthy Nagasaki 21 (Term 2) health promotion plan. The agreement was signed on May 23 at the Nagasaki Prefecture Offices.
Signing Ceremony at the Nagasaki Prefecture Government Offices
In response to declining birthrates and aging population, the Healthy Nagasaki 21 (Term 2) health promotion plan focuses on crucial measures such as extended healthy life expectancy and prevention of in lifestyle-related illnesses. Aspiring to create an environment to support the health of prefectural residents, enhance personal health assessment and managaement abilities, and prevent the onset of illness related to lifestyle habits, the Healthy Nagasaki 21 (Term 2) plan aims to reduce deaths in the prime of life, extend healthy life expectancy, and improve the quality of life for prefectural residents.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical has already been involved in various activities to promote the health of Nagasaki Prefecture residents. Under the new Health Promotion Partnership, Otsuka will work together with Nagasaki Prefecture to maximize expertise in areas such as nutritional education, prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses, heat stroke countermeasures, sports promotion, and disaster countermeasures, with the goal of enhancing the quality of services for prefectural residents. Cooperative initiatives will include health related educational and publicity programs, dispatch of lecturers, and organization of informative seminars, aiming to contribute to the achievement of healthy lifestyles for Nagasaki Prefecture residents.
Under the terms of the agreement, Otsuka Pharmaceutical will work closely with Nagasaki Prefecture through activities as outlined below.
- 1Initiatives to promote health and wellbeing and promote nutritional education for Nagasaki Prefecture residents
- 2Activities related to sports promotion and youth development
- 3Cooperation with other prefectural government initiatives
Based on our corporate philosophy of 'Otsuka - people creating new products for better health worldwide,' Otsuka Pharmaceutical is dedicated to the development of innovative products that contribute to the health of people around the world.
- 1Healthy life expectancy: Length of life that an individual lives without limitation in daily activities due to health problems (Japan Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)
- 2Healthy Nagasaki 21(Term 2) (in Japanese):https://www.pref.nagasaki.jp/bunrui/hukushi-hoken/kenkodukuri/kenkonagasaki21new/
Including the comprehensive partnership with Kagoshima Prefecture, Otsuka has concluded cooperative agreements with 17 prefectural and metropolitan governments throughout Japan (Kanagawa Prefecture, Saga Prefecture, Saitama Prefecture, Fukuoka Prefecture, Shiga Prefecture, Iwate Prefecture, Tokushima Prefecture, Aomori Prefecture, Okayama Prefecture, Ishikawa Prefecture, Hiroshima Prefecture, Hyogo Prefecture, Metropolis of Tokyo, Mie Prefecture, Kagoshima Prefecture and Osaka Prefecture).
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.