December 21, 2016
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Enters into Health Promotion Partnership with Gunma Prefecture
- Signed on December 20, 2016, the Health Promotion Partnership aims to support efforts to achieve quality lifestyles characterized by mental and physical health as outlined in the Healthy Gunma 21 (Term 2) health promotion plan.
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical will utilize its expertise in areas such as nutritional education, prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses, heat stroke countermeasures, and sports promotions, partnering with Gunma Prefecture to promote the health, wellbeing, and extended healthy life expectancy of prefectural residents
- In November 2016, Otsuka Pharmaceutical was recognized with an award for excellence in the corporate division of the 2016 Gunma Prefecture Nutritional Education Activities Promotion Awards.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Tokyo Japan; President: Tatsuo Higuchi) has entered into a Health Promotion Partnership with Gunma Prefecture, aiming to collaborate in the creation of cooperative networks to promote the health and wellbeing of prefectural residents. The partnership agreement was signed on December 20 at the Gunma Prefecture Government Offices.
Signing Ceremony at the Gunma Prefectural Government
Targeting improvement of nutritional and exercise habits and enhancement of the environment, the Healthy Gunma 21 (Term 2)*1 health promotion plan was formulated with the goal of earning recognition as a region where people can lead quality lifestyles characterized by mental and physical health. Aiming to extend healthy life expectancy*2, organizations and individuals at every level of society are actively involved in various initiatives to promote the health and wellbeing of Gunma Prefecture residents.
As a comprehensive health care company, Otsuka Pharmaceutical is involved in various activities with local governments and other entities to maintain and promote healthy lifestyles. The company has already been active in developing public information campaigns and other initiatives to enhance health consciousness and maintain and promote health and wellbeing of Gunma Prefecture residents. In 2012, Otsuka Pharmaceutical registered with the Gunma Nutritional Education Support Corporation program*3, working together with nutritional education organizations and government agencies to develop nutrition and dietary education activities for local communities including seminars, events, and lectures on sports nutrition and hydration. In November 2016, Otsuka received an award for excellence in the corporate division of the 2016 Gunma Prefecture Nutritional Education Activities Promotion Awards*4. The new Health Promotion Partnership is an extension of these and other communication, education, and public awareness activities implemented by Otsuka Pharmaceutical.
With the conclusion of the Health Promotion Agreement, Otsuka will work to reinforce this alliance with Gunma Prefecture, aiming to maximize expertise in areas such as nutritional education, prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses, heat stroke countermeasures, and sports promotion, with a focus on providing health-related information and products based on scientific evidence to contribute to extended healthy life expectancy for Gunma Prefecture residents.
Under the terms of the partnership, Otsuka Pharmaceutical and Gunma Prefecture will work together to maximize resources and capabilities in initiatives as outlined below.
- 1Initiatives to promote the five tenets of Gunma Genki (Gunma Vigor), the prefectural citizens' movement to extend healthy life expectancy
- 2Active promotion of health and wellbeing of employees and their families
- 3Participation and cooperation with public education campaigns and other Gunma Prefecture health promotion activities
- 4Proactive proposal of ongoing initiatives to promote health and wellbeing of Gunma Prefecture residents
Based on our corporate philosophy of 'Otsuka - people creating new products for better health worldwide,' Otsuka Pharmaceutical is dedicated to the development of innovative products that contribute to the health of people around the world.
- 1Healthy Gunma 21 (Term 2):http://www.pref.gunma.jp/02/d2900262.html (in Japanese)
- 2Healthy life expectancy (HALE): Length of life that an individual lives without limitation in daily activities due to health problems (Japan Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)
- 3Gunma Nutritional Education Support Corporation program：http://www.pref.gunma.jp/05/d6200075.html (in Japanese)
- 4Gunma Prefecture Nutritional Education Promotion Activities Awards: Program to recognize individuals or organizations engaged in outstanding activities to contribute to the promotion of nutritional education in Gunma Prefecture http://www.pref.gunma.jp/05/d6200109.html (in Japanese)
Including the comprehensive partnership with Gunma Prefecture, Otsuka has concluded cooperative agreements with 32 prefectural and metropolitan governments throughout Japan (Kanagawa Prefecture, Saga Prefecture, Saitama Prefecture, Fukuoka Prefecture, Shiga Prefecture, Iwate Prefecture, Tokushima Prefecture, Aomori Prefecture, Okayama Prefecture, Ishikawa Prefecture, Hiroshima Prefecture, Hyogo Prefecture, Metropolis of Tokyo, Mie Prefecture, Kagoshima Prefecture, Osaka Prefecture, Nagasaki Prefecture, Fukushima Prefecture, Akita Prefecture, Yamaguchi Prefecture, Miyazaki Prefecture, Gifu Prefecture, Shizuoka Prefecture, Miyagi Prefecture, Toyama Prefecture, Kumamoto Prefecture, Yamagata Prefecture, Yamanashi Prefecture,Fukui Prefecture, Hokkaido Prefecture and Nara Prefecture).
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.