January 31, 2017
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Enters into Health Promotion Partnership with Chiba Prefecture
- The partnership aims to support Chiba Prefecture goals to promote the health and wellbeing of prefectural residents through improvement of home, community and workplace environments as set forth in the "Healthy Chiba 21 (Term 2)" plan.
- Otsuka will utilize its expertise in areas including prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses, nutritional education, disaster mitigation, heat stroke countermeasures, and sports promotions, working together with Chiba Prefecture to contribute to extended healthy life expectancy.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Tokyo, Japan; President: Tatsuo Higuchi) has entered into a cooperative partnership with Chiba Prefecture, aiming to develop various health promotion initiatives to support healthy lifestyles for Chiba Prefecture residents. The agreement was signed on January 30 at the Chiba Prefecture Offices.
Signing Ceremony at the Chiba Prefectural Government
Amidst predictions of increased health and nursing care burdens related to the aging of society, Chiba Prefecture has identified prevention of the progression of lifestyle-related illnesses as a key issue to be addressed by the Healthy Chiba 21 (Term 2)*1 health promotion plan. Aiming to reduce health disparities, contribute to extended healthy life expectancy*2 and promote "a society in which residents can achieve healthy and emotionally rewarding lives," Chiba Prefecture is engaged in programs to support the health and wellbeing of prefecture residents through improvement of home, community, and workplace environments, with the goal of being perceived as "Healthy Chiba, a great place to be born and a great place to live."
As a comprehensive health care company, Otsuka Pharmaceutical is involved in various activities with local governments and other entities to promote healthy lifestyles. The company is already cooperating with Chiba Prefecture in public awareness and educational efforts, including organization of seminars on heat stroke countermeasures, nutritional education and diet, sponsorship of sports events, dispatch of lecturers and provision of health-related information.
The new Health Promotion Partnership aims to reinforce this cooperative relationship. Otsuka will maximize its expertise in prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses, nutritional education, heat stroke countermeasures, disaster mitigation and sports promotions, providing health-related information and products based on scientific evidence to support healthy lifestyles and contribute to extended healthy life expectancy for Chiba Prefecture residents.
Under the terms of the agreement, Otsuka Pharmaceutical will work together with Chiba Prefecture to develop cooperative initiatives as outlined below.
- 1Activities related to health promotion
- 2Activities related to nutritional education
- 3Disaster mitigation activities
- 4Activities related to heat stroke countermeasures
- 5Other activities as determined necessary through consultation
Based on our corporate philosophy of 'Otsuka - people creating new products for better health worldwide', Otsuka Pharmaceutical is dedicated to the development of innovative products that contribute to the health of people around the world.
- 1Healthy Chiba 21 (Term 2)：https://www.pref.chiba.lg.jp/kenzu/kenkouchiba21/ (in Japanese)
- 2Healthy life expectancy (HALE): Length of life that an individual lives without limitation in daily activities due to health problems (Japan Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)
Including the comprehensive partnership with Chiba Prefecture, Otsuka has concluded cooperative agreements with 34 prefectural and metropolitan governments throughout Japan (Kanagawa Prefecture, Saga Prefecture, Saitama Prefecture, Fukuoka Prefecture, Shiga Prefecture, Iwate Prefecture, Tokushima Prefecture, Aomori Prefecture, Okayama Prefecture, Ishikawa Prefecture, Hiroshima Prefecture, Hyogo Prefecture, Metropolis of Tokyo, Mie Prefecture, Kagoshima Prefecture, Osaka Prefecture, Nagasaki Prefecture, Fukushima Prefecture, Akita Prefecture, Yamaguchi Prefecture, Miyazaki Prefecture, Gifu Prefecture, Shizuoka Prefecture, Miyagi Prefecture, Toyama Prefecture, Kumamoto Prefecture, Yamagata Prefecture, Yamanashi Prefecture,Fukui Prefecture, Hokkaido Prefecture, Nara Prefecture, Gunma Prefecture and Shimane Prefecture).
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.