March 24, 2017
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Enters into Comprehensive Partnership Agreement with Ibaraki Prefecture
- Signed on March 23, 2017, the comprehensive partnership agreement aims to contribute the Ibaraki Prefecture goal of being a place where people can lead healthy and productive lives as set forth in the Ibaraki Plan for Co-creation of the Future.
- Otsuka will utilize its expertise in prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses, heat stroke countermeasures, sports promotions, nutritional education, women's health, disaster mitigation and other areas, to promote the health and wellbeing of Ibaraki Prefecture residents and contribute to revitalization of local communities.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Tokyo, Japan; President: Tatsuo Higuchi) has concluded an agreement to strengthen cooperative ties with Ibaraki Prefecture, with the aim of contributing to the revitalization of local communities and ensuring safe and secure living conditions for Ibaraki Prefecture residents. The agreement was signed on March 23 at the Ibaraki Prefectural Government Office.
Signing Ceremony at the Ibaraki Prefectural Government
Aiming to realize safe, secure, and comfortable living conditions with ample employment opportunities that encourage prefectural residents to manifest their individuality and abilities, Ibaraki Prefecture has formulated the Ibaraki Plan for Co-creation of the Future*1, based on the concept of "creating new value by pioneering the future through society/industry collaborations, aiming to make Ibaraki a place where people can lead healthy and productive lives." Under the banner of "Innovation Leader Ibaraki*2, " Ibaraki Prefecture is also working to promote innovative technologies and ideas to create new value in various social and industrial fields, contributing to national and global development.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical is already involved in various health-related public awareness and educational initiatives in Ibaraki Prefecture, maximizing its expertise in prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses, heat stroke countermeasures, sports promotions, nutritional education, women's health, disaster mitigation and other areas to benefit prefectural residents. The comprehensive partnership agreement strengthens this cooperative alliance, paving the way for Otsuka to proactively provide health-related information and products based on scientific evidence to support the health and wellbeing of Ibaraki Prefecture residents and contribute to the revitalization of local communities.
Under the terms of the agreement, Otsuka Pharmaceutical will cooperate with Ibaraki Prefecture in the following areas.
- 1Initiatives related to maintenance and enhancement of health and wellbeing
- 2Sports promotion initiatives
- 3Nutritional education initiatives
- 4Initiatives to promote participation of women in society
- 5Disaster mitigation initiatives
- 6Other activities and initiatives that contribute to the objectives of the agreement
Based on our corporate philosophy of 'Otsuka - people creating new products for better health worldwide', Otsuka Pharmaceutical is dedicated to the development of innovative products that contribute to the health of people around the world.
- 1Ibaraki Prefecture Comprehensive Strategy: Ibaraki Plan for Co-creation of the Future:https://www.pref.ibaraki.jp/kikaku/kikaku/seisaku/plan.html (in Japanese)
- 2Innovation Leader Ibaraki:https://www.pref.ibaraki.jp/kikaku/kikaku/seisaku/documents/plan_of_ibaraki_p3-5s.pdf (in Japanese)
Including the comprehensive partnership with Ibaraki Prefecture, Otsuka has concluded cooperative agreements with 39 prefectural and metropolitan governments throughout Japan (Kanagawa Prefecture, Saga Prefecture, Saitama Prefecture, Fukuoka Prefecture, Shiga Prefecture, Iwate Prefecture, Tokushima Prefecture, Aomori Prefecture, Okayama Prefecture, Ishikawa Prefecture, Hiroshima Prefecture, Hyogo Prefecture, Metropolis of Tokyo, Mie Prefecture, Kagoshima Prefecture, Osaka Prefecture, Nagasaki Prefecture, Fukushima Prefecture, Akita Prefecture, Yamaguchi Prefecture, Miyazaki Prefecture, Gifu Prefecture, Shizuoka Prefecture, Miyagi Prefecture, Toyama Prefecture, Kumamoto Prefecture, Yamagata Prefecture, Yamanashi Prefecture,Fukui Prefecture, Hokkaido Prefecture, Nara Prefecture, Gunma Prefecture, Shimane Prefecture, Chiba Prefecture, Kagawa Prefecture, Aichi Prefecture, Okinawa Prefecture and Tochigi Prefecture.)
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.