January 28, 2013
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
UL･OS Line of Men's Skincare Launches New SPF 50 & SPF 25 Sunscreens
Applies Smoothly, Leaves No White Residue
- Two new sunscreen products for men - SPF 50 (leisure use) and SPF 25 (daily use) - will be available in drug stores nationwide from February 20, 2013.
- Though approximately 80%*1 of men need to take measures to guard against UV exposure, less than 14%*2 actually use sunscreen. Delivering basic UV protection, new UL･OS sunscreens focus on ease of use: (1) Applies smoothly and leaves no unsightly white residue on the skin; (2) Formulated for ample moisture; (3) Does not require special cleanser for removal.
- The market for men's sunscreen is expanding. In the three years up to and including 2012, market size tripled and current market is estimated at 650 million yen. *3
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Tokyo, Japan; President and Representative Director: Taro Iwamoto) has announced the launch of Sunscreen 50 and Sunscreen 25, the latest additions to the UL･OS line of skin care for middle-aged men.
- *1：Lifemedia Research Bank (April 2012);
- *2：Dentsu Consumers & Audience Multi Panel (fiscal; 2012);
- *3：Fuji-Keizai Cosmetics Marketing Handbook 2012 (Men's UV Care Market Projections for 2012)
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.