September 5, 2013
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
UL•OS Line of Men's Skin Care Marks 5th Anniversary
Now Effective in Minimizing the Appearance of Fine Lines and Wrinkles Caused by Dryness
- Launched in 2008, the UL•OS brand of skin care products conceived for middle-aged men based on the principles of Cosmedics*1 is marking its 5th anniversary. Though the overall cosmetics market is plagued by lackluster growth, the expanding market for men's cosmetics is currently valued at 21.7 billion yen*2. Contributing to this growth, UL•OS brand revenues have surged approximately 3.7 times over the past five years.
- UL•OS Skin Lotion and Skin Milk now offer the added efficacy of minimizing fine lines and wrinkles caused by dryness.
- While approximately 20% of middle-aged men are concerned about wrinkles, fewer than 3%*3 take measures to deal with them. With the approach of cold, dry winter weather, UL•OS offers anti-aging solutions*4 for men who may not be aware of the possible benefits.
Tokyo, Japan - Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan; President: Taro Iwamoto) developed the UL•OS brand of skin care products to address the skin care concerns of middle-aged men. Initially launched in 2008, the UL•OS brand marks its 5th anniversary in September 2013.
- *1 Innovative Otsuka Pharmaceutical concept combining cosmetics + medicine, focusing on healthy skin.
- *2 Chemical Industry Statistics, 2011; Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- *3 Men's Face and Body Awareness Survey, July 2012; Rakuten Research, Inc.
- *4 Skin care tailored to specific age-related concerns
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.