Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
New From the US, A Smart New Way to Take Vitamin and Mineral Supplements VitaMelts® Dissolve Smoothly Without Water
Available at Convenience Stores Throughout Japan From November 25
- Amidst increased concern for health and wellness, approximately 70%1 of adults in the US use dietary supplements at least occasionally, a market that has tripled since 1995*1. New types of supplements with a focus on flavor, form, and portability for ease of daily consumption have become a significant growth segment in this market.
- In Japan, despite an increasing number of people with irregular or unbalanced eating habits, the supplement market remains flat*2. This can be partially attributed to inconveniences that hinder regular ongoing consumption, such as the need for water and the difficulty of taking supplements when one is out and about.
- Offering a solution to these inconveniences, Nature Made, the leading US vitamin and mineral supplement brand, is introducing the new VitaMelts® series in Japan. VitaMelts® are flavorful supplements that melt in your mouth without water. Primarily targeting busy women in their 30s, VitaMelts® offer a smart new way to take vitamins and minerals anytime and anywhere. New VitaMelts® will be available at convenience stores throughout Japan.
Tokyo, Japan - Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Head office: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan; President: Taro Iwamoto) has announced the November 25, 2013 launch of the new VitaMelts® series of flavorful vitamin and mineral supplements that melt smoothly in the mouth without any water from NatureMade, the leading vitamin and mineral brand from Otsuka US subsidiary Pharmavite LLC (Head office: Northridge, California, CEO: Doug MacLean). VitaMelts® will be available at convenience stores throughout Japan in five different versions (Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and Calcium), recommended for busy people who may not be able to maintain regular eating habits.
Though offering a way to consume vitamins and minerals often lacking due to unbalanced nutrition or stressful lifestyles, supplements involved inconveniences such as the need for water and difficulties in consuming them when one is out and about. New VitaMelts® are supplements that dissolve smoothly in the mouth without water, making it easy to take vitamins and minerals anytime, anywhere. Positioned as an accessible supplement that will change the way people take their vitamins, promotions for the new VitaMelts® series will include TV commercials beginning in December.
- *1 Nutrition Business Journal, "Supplement Business Report"(2004 and 2012 editions)
- *2 Intage: Retail Supplement Market 2008-2012,（drug‐L）