February 20, 2015
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
New UL・OS Facial and Body Wipes
- UL・OS Medicated Refresh Sheets have been totally revamped with separate specs and functions tailored for body and facial use; the resulting wipes, marketed as UL・OS Adult Body Sheets and UL・OS Adult Face Sheets, will be re launched on March 9, 2015.
- In addition to altering the material, size, and thickness of the original sheets to improve ease of use*1, the new sheets also adopt the dual approach of masking and harmonizing*2 to deal with troublesome body odor. In addition to a pleasant cool sensation appropriate for year-round use, the new formula also emphasizes the moisture function that leaves skin feeling smooth and moist after use.
- The market for Japanese men's cosmetics has grown 10%*3 over the past five years; within this, the market for men's sheet-type wipes has grown 13%*4 over the same period. Introduction of the new UL・OS Adult Face and Adult Body Sheets is calculated to enhance men's awareness of skin care and further boost the UL・OS brand presence in this growing market.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. (Head Office: Tokyo, Japan; President: Tatsuo Higuchi) has announced the renewal of UL・OS Medicated Refresh Sheets from the UL・OS brand of skincare targeting middle-aged men. Conceived specifically for body and facial use and featuring new body odor measures and moisturizing functions, new UL・OS Adult Body Sheets and Adult Face Sheets will be launched on March 9, 2015, online and in drugstores and mass retailers throughout Japan.
- 1Compared to previous UL・OS Medicated Refresh Sheets
- 2Masking: Fragrance element is used to negate odor
Hamonizing: Fragrance element is used to reconcile odors into a pleasant fragrance
- 3Marketing Handbook of Cosmetics 2014 (men's cosmetics market prospects, 2009 - 2014); Fuji Keizai Management Co., Ltd.
- 4Retail sales data; 04SR1 miscellaneous-M (men's sheet market, Feb 2010～Jan 2015); Intage, Inc.
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.