December 4, 2015
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Concludes Comprehensive Agreement for Community Health Initiatives with Fukuoka Prefecture
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical has entered into a comprehensive partnership for community health initiatives with Fukuoka Prefecture, a local government dedicated to creating a cooperative society through alliances with non-profit organizations and corporations that show potential for developing and delivering new public services.
- Otsuka will cooperate with the Fukuoka prefectural government, maximizing its expertise in initiatives to prevent heat disorders, promote healthy longevity, advance the overall health of local citizens and revitalize local communities, including promotion of sports and youth education programs.
Tokyo, Japan -- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. (Head Office: Tokyo, Japan; President: Tastuo Higuchi) has entered into a comprehensive partnership for community health initiatives with the government of Fukuoka Prefecture, with the aim of working together to promote the health and wellbeing of prefectural citizens. The agreement was signed on December 1, 2015.
As befitting a health care company, Otsuka Pharmaceutical is involved in various activities with local governments and other entities to promote healthy lifestyles. The agreement with Fukuoka Prefecture outlines the following initiatives to promote the health and well being of prefecture residents as a whole.
- 1Promotion of healthy lifestyles and nutritional education.
- 2Promotion of sports and youth development and education programs
- 3Contributions and cooperation for victims of natural disasters
- 4Cooperation with public service initiatives to maximize the combined strengths of Otsuka
Pharmaceutical and Fukuoka Prefecture, including eradication of drinking and driving and promotion of child-rearing and parenting support.
Based on our corporate philosophy of 'Otsuka - people creating new products for better health worldwide', Otsuka Pharmaceutical is dedicated to the development of innovative products that contribute to the health of people around the world.
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.