March 30, 2016
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Enters Into Comprehensive Partnership with Hiroshima Prefecture
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical has entered into a comprehensive partnership agreement with Hiroshima Prefecture, which is aiming to offset systemic changes such as population decline, low birthrates, increasing proportion of elderly residents, and progressing globalization by working together with prefectural residents to create new lifestyle choices as proclaimed in the Hiroshima Future Challenge Vision*. The agreement was finalized on March 29, 2016.
- Utilizing its knowledge and expertise in heatstroke countermeasures, nutritional education, healthy longevity, disaster prevention, and diversity, Otsuka will develop health-related and other initiatives in partnership with Hiroshima Prefecture to contribute to healthy lifestyles for prefectural residents.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Tokyo Japan; President: Tatsuo Higuchi) has entered into a comprehensive partnership with Hiroshima Prefecture as part of prefecture government efforts to enhance the health and wellbeing of prefectural residents as proclaimed in the Hiroshima Future Challenge Vision. The partnership agreement was signed on March 29 at the Hiroshima Prefecture Government Offices.
Signing Ceremony at the Hiroshima Prefecture Government Offices
As befitting a health care company, Otsuka Pharmaceutical is involved in various activities with local governments and other entities to promote healthy lifestyles.
Faced with systemic changes such as population decline, low birthrates, increasing proportion of elderly residents, and progressing globalization, Hiroshima Prefecture has proclaimed the Hiroshima Future Challenge Vision, aiming to foster productivity and convenience, create a virtuous cycle for improvement of employment, family life and living circumstances, and work together with prefectural residents to revitalize the future of Hiroshima.
The devastation of the 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami and large-scale landslide destruction within Hiroshima Prefecture also contributed to renewed awareness of the importance of disaster preparedness and prevention measures.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical has already been engaged in various initiatives to maintain and promote healthy lifestyles and in disaster relief efforts within Hiroshima Prefecture. With the conclusion of the comprehensive partnership agreement, Otsuka will further maximize its expertise and knowhow in heat stroke countermeasures, nutritional education, healthy longevity, disaster prevention, and diversity, seeking to not only contribute to the health and wellbeing of residents but also to revitalize local economies and enhance the range of services available to the people of Hiroshima Prefecture.
The agreement covers a broad range of mutual initiatives that maximize the resources and capabilities of Otsuka Pharmaceutical and Hiroshima Prefecture, including but not limited to activities outlined below.
- 1Promotion of healthy lifestyles and nutritional education
- 2Support for child rearing and promotion of women's participation in society
- 3Promotion of education and cultural initiatives
- 4Disaster prevention and mitigation initiatives
- 5Crime prevention initiatives
- 6Environmental preservation and recycling initiatives
- 7Other activities to enhance services for prefectural residents and revitalize local communities
Based on our corporate philosophy of 'Otsuka - people creating new products for better health worldwide', Otsuka Pharmaceutical is dedicated to the development of innovative products that contribute to the health of people around the world.
- Hiroshima Future Challenge Vision: A vision established in 2010, defining and sharing with prefectural residents a vision of the future of Hiroshima Prefecture ten years hence, aiming to work together with residents and local communities to revitalize the future of Hiroshima Prefecture.
(Hiroshima Prefecture website: https://www.pref.hiroshima.lg.jp/site/challenge/miraichallengevision-kaitei.html)
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.