September 24, 2012
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
New "Poppy Seed & Lemon" from Gerblé to launch on October 15
The No.1 French Health Food Brand now in 3,000 stores nationwide
- With Poppy Seed & Lemon Biscuits, a French favorite flavor added to the selection in October, Gerblé in Japan comes with 27 items in 14 categories over 4 series*1.
- Japanese distributors for Gerblé, the No. 1 French health food brand, tripled to about 3,000*2 in one year
- New production line being established at plant in Annonay, France, due to strong European sales
Tokyo, Japan - Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan; President: Taro Iwamoto) announced today that it is launching the flavorsome Poppy Seed & Lemon Biscuits to its range of Gerblé, the No.1*3 French health food brand, on October 15. As a result, 27 items in 14 categories over 4 series will be available in Japan, and distributors, which have roughly tripled in a year to 3,000 stores, will carry a new item popular in France.
- *1：4 series from Gerblé include the VITALITÉ series, FIBRES series, OBJECTIF SANTÉ series and GLUCO SANTÉ series
- *2：Comparison of number of distributors in September 2011 with the number of September 2012.
- *3：Approximately 66% top share of French supermarket health food market on value base.
（IRI Value Share of market - MAT P4 2012）
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.