April 12, 2016
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Launches "POCARI SWEAT & TOKYO Project" in Cooperation with Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical and the Tokyo Metropolitan Government have agreed to launch the "POCARI SWEAT & TOKYO Project," with the aims of maintaining and enhancing the health of Tokyo residents, developing sports programs, promoting education, and preserving the environment of natural parks within the Tokyo Metropolitan area. The agreement was finalized on April 11, 2016 at a signing ceremony at the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Office.
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical will maximize its expertise in areas such as heat stroke countermeasures, nutritional education, prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses, and sports promotion, cooperating in activities to maintain and enhance the health and wellbeing of Tokyo residents.
- Otsuka will also support the activities of Tokyo Park Rangers and implement programs to convey the importance of hydration during sports and other activities to enable visitors to enjoy leisure time in natural parks within the Tokyo Metropolitan area.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Tokyo Japan; President: Tatsuo Higuchi) has entered into an agreement to launch the "POCARI SWEAT & TOKYO*1 Project" in cooperation with the Tokyo Metropolitan Government. Aiming to maintain and enhance the health of Tokyo residents, develop sports programs, promote education, and preserve the environment of natural parks within the Tokyo Metropolitan area, the "POCARI SWEAT & TOKYO Project" was officially launched on April 11, 2016.
As a comprehensive health care company, Otsuka Pharmaceutical is involved in various activities with local governments and other entities to promote healthy lifestyles.
The company has already been active in organizing seminars related to heat stroke countermeasures, nutritional education, prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses and sports promotion for schools and companies in Tokyo. Under the new agreement, Otsuka will cooperate with the Tokyo Metropolitan Government to create an environment conducive to maintaining and enhancing the health of Tokyo residents through initiatives outlined below.
- 1Educational and publicity activities regarding the importance of hydration for heat stroke countermeasures, prevention of dehydration during sports activities and in dry conditions, and other areas related to maintaining the health and wellbeing of Tokyo residents.
- 2Initiatives to protect the natural environment and support the activities of Tokyo Park Rangers*2, entrusted with protection of the environment and promotion of appropriate use of natural parks within Tokyo
- 3Activities related to youth development and promotion of sports programs and education.
- 4Programs to promote health and wellbeing through diet to facilitate exercise function and improve nutrition.
Based on our corporate philosophy of 'Otsuka - people creating new products for better health worldwide', Otsuka Pharmaceutical is dedicated to the development of innovative products that contribute to the health of people around the world.
- 1"& Tokyo" Brand official website: https://andtokyo.jp/brand/concept.html
- 2Tokyo Park Rangers: Tokyo nature preservation advisors; entrusted with protection of the natural environment and promotion of proper use of natural parks in Tokyo. http://www.kankyo.metro.tokyo.jp/nature/natural_environment/park/ranger/index.html
Tokyo Park Rangers will be provided with official caps bearing the "POCARI SWEAT & TOKYO" logo.
Including the cooperation with Tokyo Metropolitan Government, Otsuka Pharmaceutical has entered into cooperative agreements with thirteen prefectures throughout Japan (Kanagawa Prefecture, Saga Prefecture, Saitama Prefecture, Fukuoka Prefecture, Shiga Prefecture, Iwate Prefecture, Tokushima Prefecture, Aomori Prefecture, Okayama Prefecture, Ishikawa Prefecture, Hiroshima Prefecture, Hyogo Prefecture
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.