Recognizing declining birthrates and the growing proportion of elderly people as critical issues, Yamaguchi Prefecture is pursuing a "Yamaguchi Creates Vigor! Future Development Challenge Plan*1," with the goal of achieving "A Yamaguchi Prefecture Brimming with Vitality." Beginning with prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses, a total of 62 priority measures have been established, aiming to extend prefectural residents' healthy life expectancy*2 through health promotion initiatives targeting every lifestage, from infancy through advanced age.
November 21, 2017
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Enters Into Comprehensive Regional Revitalization Partnership Agreement with Yamaguchi Prefecture
- Signed on November 20, 2017, the agreement will support the "Yamaguchi Creates Vigor! Future Development Challenge Plan", aiming to achieve "A Yamaguchi Prefecture Brimming with Vitality."
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical will utilize its expertise in prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses, heat stroke countermeasures, sports promotions, disaster mitigation, nutritional education, and women's health to contribute to maintenance and promotion of Yamaguchi Prefecture residents' health and revitalization of local communities.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical (Head Office: Tokyo, Japan; President: Tatsuo Higuchi) has entered into a comprehensive partnership agreement with Yamaguchi Prefecture, finalized on November 20, aiming to contribute to development and revitalization of local communities and improvement of services for prefectural residents.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical concluded a disaster relief supply agreement with Yamaguchi Prefecture in May 2016. In addition to disaster mitigation, the company is already involved in public awareness campaigns and other initiatives related to maintenance and promotion of prefectural residents' health and wellbeing.
The comprehensive partnership agreement was concluded with the aim of reinforcing this cooperative alliance. Going forward, Otsuka will maximize its expertise in prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses, heat stroke countermeasures, sports promotions, nutritional education, women's health and other areas, providing health-related information and products based on scientific evidence to contribute to revitalizaton of local communities and extension of healthy life expectancy for Yamaguchi Prefecture residents.
Under the tems of the agreement, Otsuka Pharmaceutical will coordinate and cooperate with Yamaguchi Prefecture in areas outlined below.
- 1Initiatives to maintain and promote health and wellbeing
- 2Sports promotions
- 3Disaster mitigation and relief
- 4Activities related to the Meiji Restoration 150th Anniversary Project regional development programs initiated by Yamaguchi Prefecture
- 5Support for marriage, child-rearing, and youth development
- 6Activities related to dissemination of prefecture government information and tourism promotion
- 7Support for elderly residents
- 8Support for persons with disabilities
- 9Other activities related to revitalization of local communities and improvement of services for prefectural residents.
Based on our corporate philosophy of 'Otsuka - people creating new products for better health worldwide', Otsuka Pharmaceutical is dedicated to the development of innovative products that contribute to the health of people around the world.
- 1Yamaguchi Creates Vigor! Future Development Challenge Plan(in Japanese):
- 2Healthy life expectancy (HALE): Length of life that an individual lives without limitation in daily activities due to health problems (Japan Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)
Otsuka has concluded cooperative agreements with 43 prefectural and metropolitan governments throughout Japan (Hokkaido Prefecture, Aomori Prefecture, Iwate Prefecture, Miyagi Prefecture, Akita Prefecture, Yamagata Prefecture, Fukushima Prefecture, Ibaraki Prefecture, Tochigi Prefecture, Gunma Prefecture, Saitama Prefecture, Chiba Prefecture, Metropolis of Tokyo, Kanagawa Prefecture, Toyama Prefecture, Ishikawa Prefecture, Fukui Prefecture, Yamanashi Prefecture, Gifu Prefecture, Shizuoka Prefecture, Aichi Prefecture, Mie Prefecture, Shiga Prefecture, Osaka Prefecture, Hyogo Prefecture, Nara Prefecture, Wakayama Prefecture, Shimane Prefecture, Okayama Prefecture, Hiroshima Prefecture, Yamaguchi Prefecture, Tokushima Prefecture, Kagawa Prefecture, Ehime Prefecture, Kochi Prefecture, Fukuoka Prefecture, Saga Prefecture, Nagasaki Prefecture, Kumamoto Prefecture, Oita Prefecture, Miyazaki Prefecture, Kagoshima Prefecture and Okinawa Prefecture.)
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.