Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Launch of TCRP NEXT, a New Collaboration Aiming to Promote Total Conditioning
- Enhancing sustainable international competitiveness and transitioning from high performance to life performance -
The Japan Sport Council (an independent administrative agency; Head office: Tokyo, Japan; President: Satoshi Ashidate; hereafter JSC) and Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. (Head office: Tokyo, Japan; President: Tatsuo Higuchi; hereafter Otsuka HD) have announced the August 2023 start of TCRP NEXT*1, a collaborative project for continued research into conditioning to enhance sustainable international competitiveness (high performance) in sports. Results of the ongoing research will be applied not only to boosting international competitiveness, but also to activities to raise awareness for enhanced life performance for members of the public at large.
- ※1JSC High Performance Sports Center Total Conditioning Research Project NEXT
The TCRP NEXT project will be managed by the JSC High Performance Sports Center (hereafter HPSC) and Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (hereafter Otsuka Pharmaceutical). The new project will use Total Conditioning Guidelines for Athletes, compiled from results of the JSC High Performance Sports Center Total Conditioning Research Project, a joint industry, government, and academic research project aiming to promote sports medicine and boost Japan's international competitiveness launched in December 2016. Knowledge developed for the new conditioning concept of "total conditioning" will be applied to achieve the following three objectives.
（1）Engage in conditioning-related research to enhance sustainable international competitiveness in sports.
（2）Apply results of research to public awareness activities in the realm of life performance (targeting the general population and members of the public at large).
（3）Consider updating the Guidelines as needed.
Objectives of TCRP NEXT
● The Japan Sport Council (an independent administrative agency) and Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. have launched TCRP NEXT, a new collaborative project.
● The project will publish Total Conditioning Guidelines for Athletes, based on results of research to date, providing an overview and information regarding the new "total conditioning" concept advocated by HPSC (publication scheduled for August 10, 2023).
● The project will continue research into ways to boost sustainable international competitiveness in sports, with a focus on "total conditioning.
● Information developed through various ongoing research projects will be used to maintain and promote public health, encouraging the transition from high performance to life performance.