Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Three Nature Made Products Receive Foods with Function Claims Labels specify benefits for eyes and inhibition of triglyceride levels in the blood
- Three items from Nature Made, the leading brand for vitamins and supplements in the U.S., will be released as Foods with Function Claims. On sale from September 1, 2015 in new packaging: Lutein to support contrast sensitivity (eye's ability to distinguish levels of light and dark), Astaxanthin to support the eye's ability to focus, and Fish Oil Pearl containing EPA*1 and DHA*2 to inhibit the elevation of triglyceride levels in the blood.
- Originally launched in Japan in 1993, Nature Made has pioneered the Japanese supplement market over the course of 20 years and will continue to promote health and wellbeing through product-related information in stores and online.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Tokyo, Japan; President: Tatsuo Higuchi) has announced the renewal of Lutein, Astaxanthin, and Fish Oil Pearl supplements from Nature Made, the leading brand for vitamins and supplements in the U.S., as food with function claims for eyes and inhibition of elevation of triglyceride levels in the blood. The products will be available in their new packaging from September 1, 2015 at retailers in Japan and through the Otsuka Pharmaceutical's official online store "Otsuka-Plus 1".
- 1Eicosapentaenoic acid
- 2Docosahexaenoic acid
- 3Basic information regarding scientific basis for function claims is available on the Consumer Affairs Agency website (in Japanese)
- Nature Made Leutein(PDF:257KB)
- Nature Made Astaxanthin(PDF:435KB)
- Nature Made Fish Oil Pearl(PDF:528KB)
About Nature Made
Pharmavite, LLC, established in 1971 in California, USA, launched the Nature Made nutritional supplement brand in 1972. Dedicated to the concept of "quality vitamin and mineral supplements at accessible prices," Nature Made has been the number-one national vitamin supplement brand sold in U.S. stores for eight consecutive years.*4. Containing no colorings or preservatives, products are produced under rigorous quality standards, from sourcing of ingredients through testing and inspection of finished products, conforming to the current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) and meeting the standards in every country and region where Nature Made products are sold. Currently distributed in 9 countries and regions*5. Nature Made products destined for Japan are produced on dedicated manufacturing lines.
Pharmavite became a member of Otsuka Group in 1989. Launched Nature Made by Otsuka Pharmaceutical in Japan in 1993, well before the surge of interest in supplements, Nature Made has pioneered the Japanese supplement market over the course of 20 years. At present, a total of 61items, including the three products appearing in new packaging in September, provide support for Japanese consumers via product-related information in stores and online.
- 4Pharmavite calculation based in part on data reported by Nielsen through its Scantrack® service for the Dietary Supplements category in dollar and unit sales, for the 52-week period ending 4/12/2014 in US Food Drug Mass channels; and for the 52-week period ending 1/3/2015 in US xAOC channels. ⓒ2015 The Nielsen Company
- 5US, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, Taiwan, China, Iran, UAE, Kuwait
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Approach to Food with Function Claims
As a health care company, Otsuka Pharmaceutical is dedicated to providing products developed with a scientific basis nurtured through pharmaceutical businesses to promote and maintain everyday health and wellbeing. With the adoption of the new Food with Function Claims labeling system, we believe that clear and easily understandable labels will contribute to consumer safety by promoting and encouraging proper product selection. In addition to our efforts to extend healthy life expectancy, we will continue to provide quality products based on scientific evidence that contribute to healthy and rewarding daily lives for men and women of all ages.
Based on our corporate philosophy of 'Otsuka-people creating new products for better health worldwide,' Otsuka Pharmaceutical is dedicated to the development of innovative products that contribute to the health of people around the world.