February 27, 2019
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co.,Ltd.
Refreshing Men's Facial Lotion for Summer Comfort
Introducing UL·OS Medicated Skin Breezy Lotion
A single product to moisturize, minimize oily shine, and prevent formation of blemishes
- Amidst the growing market for men's skin care products, numerous men are concerned about blemishes and wrinkles but take no countermeasures; many also do not use skin care products in summer.
- Formulated with moisturizing ingredient AMP and whitening ingredient tranexamic acid, new UL·OS Skin Breezy Lotion offers a simple skin care solution, effectively moisturizing, minimizing oily shine and preventing blemishes with a single product.
- Delivering the kind of refreshing cool sensation favored by middle-aged men for summer skin care products, this new medicated facial lotion supports men's year-round skin care regimens.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Head office: Tokyo, Japan; President: Tatsuo Higuchi) has announced the launch of UL·OS Medicated Skin Breezy Lotion Extra Whitening (classified as a quasi-drug), the latest addition to the UL·OS brand of total body skin care products addressing the concerns of middle-aged men. The new facial lotion is scheduled for nationwide launch in Japan on March 12, 2019.
Formulated with moisturizing ingredient AMP*1 and effective whitening ingredient tranexamic acid, UL·OS Skin Breezy Lotion is a simple skin care solution that addresses common men's skin care concerns, offering the triple benefits of moisturizing, minimizing oily shine, and preventing blemishes*2. Characterized by a refreshing cool sensation, this new men's facial lotion is recommended for use not only in Japan's humid summer when oily shine and stickiness are major concerns, but also year-round.
Though the market for men's skin care productsis steadily growing*3, in response to an Otsuka Pharmaceutical survey*a a more than 70% of men concerned about blemishes or wrinkles "would like to take preventative measures but have not adopted any regimen." More than half the men who are bothered by blemishes caused by melanin formation do not take any countermeasures because they "don't know how to use skin care," or find it "troublesome" to take up a skin care regimen.
The number of men using skin care in the summer is declining, with approximately 60% responding that their skin "doesn't seem dry" and 30% saying that they have an aversion to "feeling sticky." This indicates that lower numbers of skin care users in summer can be attributed to the misconception of "summer is not dry; it seems as if skin care would leave an oily shine," and to the "sticky" feel of many skin care products*b.
In addition to facial cleansing and shaving, maintenance of the epidermis and the corneal layer is important for healthy skin throughout the year, especially in summer, when skin is subject to sun damage.
Incorporating moisturizing ingredient AMP and effective whitening ingredient tranexamic acid, new Skin Breezy Lotion is characterized by a refreshing cool sensation, mentioned by more than 50% of respondents*c as a desirable attribute of summer skin care products.
Offering the triple benefits of moisturizing, minimizing oily shine, and preventing blemishes in a single product, new Skin Breezy Lotion aims to contribute to making skin care a year-round habit among middle-aged men.
With a product selection covering cleansing, moisturizing, energizing, and protection, the UL·OS line of total body skin care supports men who seek to maintain healthy skin.
- 1Moisturizing ingredient AMP: Adenosine monophosphate
- 2Prevention of discoloration: Inhibits melanin formation to prevent dark spots and freckles
- 3June 2018 Fuji Keizai Co., Ltd. survey of Japanese cosmetics market
- aNovember 2017 Otsuka Pharmaceutical online survey of males, 30s - 50s; n=600
- bJanuary 2018 Otsuka Pharmaceutical online survey of males, 30s - 50s (users of moisturizing skin care); n=400
- cJanuary 2018 Otsuka Pharmaceutical online survey of males, 30s - 50s (non-users of summer skin care); n=600
Otsuka Pharmaceutical established the Otsu Skin Care Research Institute in 1990, and for more than 20 years has been engaged in proprietary research focusing on the health of the skin, a vital organ that accounts for approximately 16% of human body weight.
Based on the unique Otsuka Pharmaceutical principle of Cosmedics (Cosmetics + Medicine) targeting healthy skin, UL·OS was launched in 2008 as a men's total body skin care brand, focusing on impurities, dryness and UV exposure as the primary causes of skin damage. The line-up of products offering head-to-toe cleansing, moisturizing, energizing, and protection continues to expand, with the addition of new Skin Breezy Lotion bringing the total number of UL·OS products to 15 items.
||UL·OS Medicated Skin Breezy Lotion
Medicated Lotion B10
A single product to moisturize, minimize oily shine, and prevent blemishes*
• Formulated with moisturizing ingredient AMP (adenosine monophosphate)
• Formulated with effective whitening ingredient tranexamic acid to inhibit melanin production and prevent blemishes
• Leaves skin feeling clean and smooth, with a refreshing cool sensation.
- Inhibits melanin formation to prevent blemishes.
||120ml (approx. 2 month's supply, applying a ¥500-yen coin-sized amount morning and night)
|Suggested retail price
||JPY 1,450 (Pre-tax)
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.
Latest Nutraceutical Business related News Releases