Otsuka Pharmaceutical Receives "Consumer-oriented Activity Award" at the 8th ACAP Consumer-oriented Activity Awards
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Otsuka) has received an ACAP*1 Consumer-oriented Activity Award*2 at the 8th Consumer-oriented Activity Awards organized by the Association of Consumer Affairs Professionals (ACAP). Otsuka received the Consumer-oriented Activity Award in recognition of the company's ongoing initiatives to promote women's health-related literacy.
- *1Established in 1980, The Association of Consumer Affairs Professionals (ACAP) is a Public Interest Incorporated Association formed of managers from consumer affairs departments of corporations and trade associations. The Association is engaged in research, awareness-raising activities and interactions to enhance relations between consumers, government organizations and corporations and promote consumer-oriented management. （from http://www.acap.or.jp/）(in Japanese)
- *2The ACAP Consumer-oriented Activities Awards were established in 2015 as a way to recognize notable activities of corporations, organizations, and individuals to promote and support consumer-oriented management.
Initiatives to Enhance Women's Health-related Literacy
1． Among activities to support women's participation in society, Otsuka has long been engaged in awareness-raising activities in collaboration with healthcare professionals, local governments, nonprofit organizations and corporations to address important women's health concerns.
2． To address specific women's life stage-related health concerns, Otsuka is engaged in organizing women's health-related seminars and disseminating information*3 via web sites, SNS and other media in cooperation with medical professionals.
3． To assist pharmacists as experts engaged in local area health support, Otsuka is a cosponsor of the Otsuka Advanced Training Program for Healthy Aging Supporters (OATHAS)*4 established with non-profit organization HAP*5 in 2017. The program provides information and practical training to support women's health*6.
4． Direct customer service initiatives include formation of a dedicated team and introduction of AI support to facilitate sharing of customer feedback throughout the company.
- *3Examples of Otsuka Pharmaceutical health-related information sources (Japanese language)
① Otsuka Pharmaceutical Woman Healthcare Project: https://www.otsuka.co.jp/woman_healthcare_project/
② Menopause LAB: https://ko-nenkilab.jp/
③ PMS LAB: https://www.otsuka.co.jp/pms-lab/
- *4Otsuka Advanced Training for Healthy Aging Supporters OATHAS: https://www.oathas.jp/
- *5HAP: Specified nonprofit corporation Healthy Aging Projects for Women: http://www.hap-fw.org/
- *6Functions and fluctuations of female reproductive hormones, physical and emotional impact, and related information on nutrition, exercise and rest.
Over the years, Otsuka has steadily pursued a variety of awareness-raising activities to promote health-related literacy and women's health. Recognizing that health issues are social issues, Otsuka organizes inclusive seminars that target men as well as women, and is focusing on raising awareness among young people as an extension of ongoing initiatives.
Based on the corporate philosophy of 'Otsuka - people creating new products for better health worldwide,' Otsuka will continue to contribute to the health and wellbeing of people everywhere.