November 20, 2012
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Official Sponsor of Osaka Marathon for Second Consecutive Year
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Will Continue to Support Safe Running and Encourage Runners to Complete the Full Distance
- As a total health care company involved in overall human health, Otsuka Pharmaceutical has long been a supporter and will continue to support runners' daily training regimens.
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical provides information on hydration, nutrition, and muscle conditioning to support runners' safety and well-being.
- At the November 25, 2012 Osaka Marathon, BCAA*1 endurance supplement Amino Value will be available at the start and finish lines and at 8 aid stations along the marathon route, providing runners with support for safe completion of the course.
Tokyo, Japan - Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. (Head Office: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan; President: Taro Iwamoto) announced today that BCAA beverage Amino Value will continue to be the official drink of the Osaka Marathon 2012*2, to be run on November 25, 2012. In addition to providing runners with information at the pre-race Osaka Marathon EXPO 2012, Amino Value will be available at the start and finish lines as well as at 8 aid stations along the marathon route, providing support for safe completion of the course for the approximately 30,000 runners entered in the event.
- *1：BCAA = Branched Chain Amino Acids. Essential amino acids valine, leucine, and isoleucine, which account for 30 to 40 percent of muscle tissue. These vital amino acids control the degradation of protein in the muscles, serving as a source of energy to preserve muscle strength during activity and promote formulation of muscle protein. In addition to day-to-day support, consumption of BCAA before and during exercise helps maintain muscle condition and minimizes loss of performance.
- *2：Osaka Marathon official website: http://www.osaka-marathon.com/
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.