April 26, 2016
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Enters into Health Promotion Partnership with Kagoshima Prefecture
- Signed on April 25, 2016, the Health Promotion Partnership aims to support goals for extended healthy life expectancy*1 and enhanced quality of life as specified in the Healthy Kagoshima 21*2 program.
- Otsuka will utilize its expertise in areas such as heat stroke countermeasures, prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses, nutritional education, sports promotions, and disaster countermeasures, working together with Kagoshima Prefecture to develop various programs and initiatives to promote healthy lifestyles for Kagoshima Prefecture residents.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Tokyo, Japan; President: Tatsuo Higuchi) has entered into a Health Promotion Partnership with Kagoshima Prefecture, aiming to support the Healthy Kagoshima 21 program and its goals. The agreement was signed on April 25 at the Kagoshima Prefecture Offices.
Signing Ceremony at the Kagoshima Prefecture Government Offices
As befitting a health care company, Otsuka Pharmaceutical is involved in various activities with local governments and other entities to promote healthy lifestyles.
Aiming to extend healthy life expectancy and enhance the quality of life of prefectural residents, Kagoshima Prefecture initially formulated the Healthy Kagoshima 21 Health Promotion Plan in 2001, pursuing various programs and initiatives with the stated goal of creating a prefecture conducive to healthy longevity and spiritually rich lifetimes. Cooperative efforts uniting industry, academia, and communities have focused primarily on promoting the health and wellbeing of prefecture residents through initiatives to prevent the onset and lessen the severity of lifestyle-related illnesses.
Through these and other efforts, Otsuka has already been involved in various health promotion activities in cooperation with Kagoshima Prefecture. Under the new Health Promotion Partnership, Otsuka will work together with Kagoshima Prefecture to further maximize expertise in areas such as heat stroke countermeasures, prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses, nutritional education, sports promotion, and disaster countermeasures, with the goal of extending healthy life expectancy and enhancing the quality of services for prefectural residents.
Among planned activities to contribute to the health and wellbeing of prefectural residents are dissemination of health-related information, dispatch of lecturers, organization of sports nutrition seminars for schools and organizations, beverages and other vital supplies to be dispensed in case of natural disaster or other emergencies.
Under the terms of the agreement, Otsuka Pharmaceutical and Kagoshima Prefecture will cooperate to maximize resources and capabilities through activities including but not limited to those outlined below.
- 1Initiatives to promote the health and wellbeing of Kagoshima Prefecture residents as set forth in the Healthy Kagoshima 21 action plan.
- 2Initiatives to support sports and youth development programs.
- 3Contributions and cooperation to support victims of natural disasters.
- 4Other initiatives as determined necessary by both parties.
Based on our corporate philosophy of 'Otsuka - people creating new products for better health worldwide', Otsuka Pharmaceutical is dedicated to the development of innovative products that contribute to the health of people around the world.
- 1Healthy life expectancy: Length of life that an individual lives without limitation in daily activities due to health problems (Japan Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)
- 2Healthy Kagoshima 21: Kagoshima Prefecture program to promote health and wellbeing of prefectural residents (Health Promotion Plan)
(Kagoshima Prefecture weblsite: http://www.pref.kagoshima.jp/ae06/kenko-fukushi/kenko-iryo/kenko/kagoshima21/gaiyou/kenkou21_h25~34.html)
Including the comprehensive partnership with Kagoshima Prefecture, Otsuka has concluded cooperative agreements with 15 prefectural and metropolitan governments throughout Japan (Kanagawa Prefecture, Saga Prefecture, Saitama Prefecture, Fukuoka Prefecture, Shiga Prefecture, Iwate Prefecture, Tokushima Prefecture, Aomori Prefecture, Okayama Prefecture, Ishikawa Prefecture, Hiroshima Prefecture, Hyogo Prefecture, Metropolis of Tokyo and Mie Prefecture
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.