February 10, 2017
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Enters into Comprehensive Health-related Agreement with Aichi Prefecture
- Concluded on February 9, 2017, the agreement with Aichi Prefecture aims to support the goals of the Healthy Japan 21 New Aichi Plan to promote health and wellbeing, with the objective of enabling prefecture residents to remain healthy and active over their entire lifetimes.
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical will utilize its expertise in nutritional education, heat stroke countermeasures, prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses and disaster mitigation, working to contribute to the health and wellbeing and extended healthy life expectancy of Aichi Prefecture residents.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Tokyo, Japan; President: Tatsuo Higuchi) has entered into a comprehensive health-related agreement with Aichi Prefecture, aiming to promote health and wellbeing, contribute to the revitalization of local communities, and enhance the quality of services available for prefecture residents. The agreement was signed on February 9 at the Aichi Prefecture Government Main Building.
Signing ceremony held at the Aichi Prefecture Government Main Building
Aiming for recognition as "Healthy Longevity Aichi" (as evidenced by extended healthy life expectancy and reduction of health disparities*1), Aichi Prefecture has adopted the Healthy Japan 21 New Aichi Plan*2 to encourage residents, communities, and organizations to work together to promote the health and wellbeing of prefectural residents. In addition to provision of health-related information and creation of supportive environments, Aichi Prefecture is focusing on identification of local health conditions and development of alliances with communities and concerned organizations to eliminate health disparities.
As a comprehensive health care company, Otsuka Pharmaceutical is involved in various activities with local governments and other entities to promote healthy lifestyles. The company is already cooperating with Aichi Prefecture in public awareness and educational efforts, including organization of seminars on heat stroke countermeasures, nutritional education and diet, and women's health issues, sponsorship of sports events, dispatch of lecturers, and provision of health-related information.
The new comprehensive health-related agreement aims to reinforce this cooperative alliance. Otsuka will maximize its expertise in nutritional education, heat stroke countermeasures, prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses, sports promotions, and disaster mitigation, providing health-related information and products based on scientific evidence to contribute to achieving healthy lifestyles for Aichi Prefecture residents.
Under the terms of the agreement, Otsuka Pharmaceutical will cooperate with Aichi Prefecture to develop and implement initiatives as outlined below.
- 1Health promotion initiatives
- 2Sports promotion initiatives
- 3Initiatives for the promotion of education
- 4Disaster prevention and relief initiatives
- 5Other initiatives as determined by both parties
Based on our corporate philosophy of 'Otsuka - people creating new products for better health worldwide', Otsuka Pharmaceutical is dedicated to the development of innovative products that contribute to the health of people around the world.
- 1Health disparities: Disparities in health status between groups, created by differences in community or socioeconomic conditions (Japan Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)
- 2Healthy Japan 21 New Aichi Plan(machine translated versions available):http://www.pref.aichi.jp/soshiki/kenkotaisaku/0000059629.html
Including the comprehensive partnership with Aichi Prefecture, Otsuka has concluded cooperative agreements with 36 prefectural and metropolitan governments throughout Japan (Kanagawa Prefecture, Saga Prefecture, Saitama Prefecture, Fukuoka Prefecture, Shiga Prefecture, Iwate Prefecture, Tokushima Prefecture, Aomori Prefecture, Okayama Prefecture, Ishikawa Prefecture, Hiroshima Prefecture, Hyogo Prefecture, Metropolis of Tokyo, Mie Prefecture, Kagoshima Prefecture, Osaka Prefecture, Nagasaki Prefecture, Fukushima Prefecture, Akita Prefecture, Yamaguchi Prefecture, Miyazaki Prefecture, Gifu Prefecture, Shizuoka Prefecture, Miyagi Prefecture, Toyama Prefecture, Kumamoto Prefecture, Yamagata Prefecture, Yamanashi Prefecture,Fukui Prefecture, Hokkaido Prefecture, Nara Prefecture, Gunma Prefecture, Shimane Prefecture, Chiba Prefecture and Kagawa Prefecture.
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.