March 28, 2018
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Enters into Comprehensive Cooperative Agreement with Tottori Prefecture
- Signed on March 27, 2018, the agreement aims to support the goals of fostering a culture conducive to health promotion and extending healthy life expectancy as set forth in the "Tottori Plan for Creating a Culture of Health Promotion (Term 2)" formulated by Tottori Prefecture.
- Otsuka will utilize expertise in areas such as nutritional education, prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses, heat stroke countermeasures, sports promotions, women's health, and disaster mitigation to contribute to extended healthy life expectancy and revitalization of local communities in Tottori Prefecture.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Tokyo, Japan; President: Tatsuo Higuchi) has entered into a comprehensive cooperative agreement with Tottori Prefecture, finalized on March 27, aiming to contribute to the development and revitalization of local communities and enhancement of the quality of services provided for Tottori Prefecture residents.
Characterized by abundant nature, Tottori Prefecture has a rich history and unique cultural climate in which coexistence with nature has led to the development of unique technologies. Despite these advantages, concern fueled by an increase in lifestyle-related illnesses in recent years led to formulation of the Tottori Plan for Creating a Culture of Health Promotion (Term 2)*1, adopted with the goal of achieving recognition as "healthy longevity Tottori." Under this plan, residents, local communities and organizations will work together in a spirit of mutual support to create an environment conducive to fostering a culture of health promotion.
As a comprehensive health care company, Otsuka Pharmaceutical is involved in various activities with local governments and other entities to promote health and wellbeing. In cooperation with Tottori Prefecture, the company has developed a variety of health-related public awareness campaigns and educational initiatives targeting prefecture residents, aiming to share expertise on nutritional education, prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses, heat stroke countermeasures, sports promotions, women's health, and disaster mitigation. The new cooperative agreement with Tottori Prefecture is an extension of this track record.
Going forward, Otsuka aims to reinforce this cooperative alliance, providing health-related products and information based on scientific evidence to contribute to extended healthy life expectancy*2 for Tottori Prefecture residents.
Under the terms of the agreement, Otsuka Pharmaceutical will cooperate with Tottori Prefecture to develop initiatives to revitalize local communities and enhance the quality of services available for prefecture residents as outlined below.
- 1Nutritional education initiatives
- 2Health promotion initiatives
- 3Support for public awareness of heat stroke countermeasures
- 4Sports promotions
- 5Disaster mitigation and relief initiatives
- 6Other initiatives related to revitalization of local communities and enhancement of services for prefecture residents
Based on our corporate philosophy of 'Otsuka - people creating new products for better health worldwide', Otsuka Pharmaceutical is dedicated to the development of innovative products that contribute to the health of people around the world.
- 1Tottori Plan for Creating a Culture of Health Promotion (Term 2)(in Japanese):
- 2Healthy life expectancy (HALE): Length of life that an individual lives without limitation in daily activities due to health problems (Japan Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)
Otsuka has concluded cooperative agreements with 45 prefectural and metropolitan governments throughout Japan (Hokkaido Prefecture, Aomori Prefecture, Iwate Prefecture, Miyagi Prefecture, Akita Prefecture, Yamagata Prefecture, Fukushima Prefecture, Ibaraki Prefecture, Tochigi Prefecture, Gunma Prefecture, Saitama Prefecture, Chiba Prefecture, Metropolis of Tokyo, Kanagawa Prefecture, Toyama Prefecture, Ishikawa Prefecture, Fukui Prefecture, Yamanashi Prefecture, Gifu Prefecture, Shizuoka Prefecture, Aichi Prefecture, Mie Prefecture, Shiga Prefecture, Kyoto Prefecture, Osaka Prefecture, Hyogo Prefecture, Nara Prefecture, Wakayama Prefecture, Tottori Prefecture, Shimane Prefecture, Okayama Prefecture, Hiroshima Prefecture, Yamaguchi Prefecture, Tokushima Prefecture, Kagawa Prefecture, Ehime Prefecture, Kochi Prefecture, Fukuoka Prefecture, Saga Prefecture, Nagasaki Prefecture, Kumamoto Prefecture, Oita Prefecture, Miyazaki Prefecture, Kagoshima Prefecture and Okinawa Prefecture.)
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.