July 22, 2019
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Enters into Comprehensive Cooperative Agreement with Nagano Prefecture
- On July 19, 2019, Otsuka Pharmaceutical entered into a health promotion partnership agreement with Nagano Prefecture, which is promoting the "Shinshu ACE Project," aiming to achieve the world's longest healthy life expectancy.
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical will maximize its expertise in sports promotions, heat stroke countermeasures, prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses, nutritional education, and disaster mitigation to contribute to the revitalization of local communities and the extension of healthy life expectancy for Nagano Prefecture residents.
Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Tokyo, Japan; President: Tatsuo Higuchi) has entered into a health promotion partnership agreement with Nagano Prefecture, finalized on July 19. The agreement aims to contribute to revitalization of local communities and secure safety and peace of mind for residents of Nagano Prefecture.
Nagano Prefecture is proud to be among Japan's top regions for average life span, but concerned with healthy life expectancy*1, the prefecture launched the Shinshu ACE Project*2 - a movement to promote health and wellbeing based on living happily - in 2014. The goal of the project is to make Nagano a "Happy Healthy Prefecture" where people can live fully, with a sense of purpose. Targeting the fundamentals for improving lifestyle habits, "ACE" stands for Action (get moving), Check (regular check-ups) and Eat (healthy diet), aiming to make Nagano Prefecture the world's ACE (#1) location for healthy life expectancy.
As a comprehensive health care company, Otsuka Pharmaceutical is involved in various activities with local governments and other entities to promote health and wellbeing.
In Nagano Prefecture, Otsuka has been active in developing public information campaigns and other initiatives to enhance health consciousness and promote healthy lifestyles. Otsuka participates in Nagano Prefecture's "Working Generation Health Challenge Grand Prix"*3 and cooperates with local enterprises in other health-promotion activities.
Aiming to achieve the objectives of revitalizing local communities and securing safety and peace of mind for prefectural residents, Otsuka Pharmaceutical will cooperate with Nagano Prefecture in the areas outlined below.
- 1Promotion of sport for the disabled
- 2Sports promotion activities
- 3Heat stroke countermeasures
- 4Activities to promote the Shinshu ACE Project
- 5Disaster countermeasures
- 6Other activities to achieve the objectives of the agreement.
Based on the corporate philosophy of 'Otsuka - people creating new products for better health worldwide,' Otsuka Pharmaceutical will reinforce cooperative efforts with Nagano Prefecture to maximize expertise in sports promotions, heat stroke countermeasures, prevention of lifestyle-related illnesses, nutritional education, disaster mitigation and other areas, and contribute to health and wellbeing of Nagano Prefecture residents by providing health-related information and products based on scientific evidence.
- 1Healthy life expectancy (HALE): Length of life that an individual lives without limitation in daily activities due to health problems (Japan Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)
- 2Shinshu ACE Project (in Japanese):
- 3Working Generation Health Challenge Grand Prix (in Japanese)：
Otsuka has concluded cooperative agreements with 46 prefectural and metropolitan governments throughout Japan (Hokkaido Prefecture, Aomori Prefecture, Iwate Prefecture, Miyagi Prefecture, Akita Prefecture, Yamagata Prefecture, Fukushima Prefecture, Ibaraki Prefecture, Tochigi Prefecture, Gunma Prefecture, Saitama Prefecture, Chiba Prefecture, Metropolis of Tokyo, Kanagawa Prefecture, Toyama Prefecture, Ishikawa Prefecture, Fukui Prefecture, Yamanashi Prefecture, Nagano Prefecture, Gifu Prefecture, Shizuoka Prefecture, Aichi Prefecture, Mie Prefecture, Shiga Prefecture, Kyoto Prefecture, Osaka Prefecture, Hyogo Prefecture, Nara Prefecture, Wakayama Prefecture, Tottori Prefecture, Shimane Prefecture, Okayama Prefecture, Hiroshima Prefecture, Yamaguchi Prefecture, Tokushima Prefecture, Kagawa Prefecture, Ehime Prefecture, Kochi Prefecture, Fukuoka Prefecture, Saga Prefecture, Nagasaki Prefecture, Kumamoto Prefecture, Oita Prefecture, Miyazaki Prefecture, Kagoshima Prefecture and Okinawa Prefecture.)
Information in this news release was current as of the original release date.