Do You Have Symptoms of Dry Eye?Editorial supervisor: Jun Shimazaki, MD, PhD., Department of Ophthalmology, Ichikawa General Hospital, Tokyo Dental College
“My eyes get tired easily.” “My eyes feel uncomfortable.” “I’ve got blurry vision.” “It’s difficult to see things.”
Recently, there has been a significant increase in the number of people complaining about symptoms such as these.
Once thought to be caused by simply having tired eyes, these could actually be caused by dry eye syndrome.
Dry eye syndrome does not simply mean that the eye is dry; it can produce various symptoms caused by a mucosal abnormality on the surface of the eye, making it feel painful and uneven. It’s important to understand dry eye properly and keep your eyes healthy.
- Source: The Dry Eye Study Group
Learn more about dry eye
Dry Eye Q&A
- Can dry eye be cured with treatment?
- Even though I am using eye drops, my eyes are not getting any better. What can I do?
- Why are tears produced when people feel strong emotions?
2017 DEC MT1712149
- Protect Yourself From Heat Disorders
- Preventing Traveller's Thrombosis (Economy Class Syndrome)
- Menopause lab (Japanese)
- Living well with menopause
- Lactic acid bacterium B240 lab (Japanese)
- AMP helps the renewal of skin cells (Japanese)
- Sleep Rhythm Lab (Japanese)
- The surprising facts about dietary fiber
- Everything You Need to Know about GI
- Jump start your brain with a well-balanced breakfast
- Vitamins & Minerals Q&A
- BCAA Helps Maintain Exercise Performance
- Smile Navigator: Schizophrenia (Japanese)
- Smile Navigator: Bipolar disorder (Japanese)
- Smile Navigator: Depression (Japanese)
- Smile Navigator: Pediatric autism spectrum disorder (Japanese)
- Zutsuu-nayami.jp (website about "headaches", in Japanese only)
- Parkinson's Disease
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Gen-shu.jp ("reducing alcohol consumption", in Japanese only)
- Learn about Heart Failure, its Prevention, and Treatment
- ADPKD.JP (Japanese)
- PAD: Be Careful of Changes in Your Limbs
- Liver cirrhosis nutritional therapy
- Get Your Healthy Stomach Back
- Tuberculosis - An Old Disease with a New Face
- Did You Know There Are Quick Tests for Infectious Diseases?
- Do You Have Symptoms of Dry Eye?
- Decoboco eye: All about eye health (Japanese)
- Acne: Are You Doing Anything About It?